Sunday 28 June 2015

Into The Woods..


Into the woods we traveled, with little fear and doubt, 
Into the woods we traveled, with no way out. 
Into the woods we traveled, with thoughts of the new day, 
Into the woods we traveled, with you and me. 
Into the woods we traveled, with hopes of a new way, 
Into the woods we traveled, with no more cares of our ways. 
Without Fear, We conquered the way 
Without Sorrow, We sit here today 
To tell this tale one more day, seems to be my only way 
For into the woods we traveled…. Brad Combs 


Hey everyone. Life of a designer is not always easy. And for me, as I started my own label at an early stage, life has always been challenging ever since. There are times, though, when it seems like all the things have lined up and will go smooth. The past three months, since I started my Blog have been such, when no day has passed without anything new and challenging to do. This week my label completed three years and my blog three months. The journey has been exciting so far and has opened so many new paths for me to walk on. 


And Yes, the tale from Himachal continues.. Another shoot on the trip, and this time it was supposed to be in the woods. Another Crinoline dress, with A-line box pleated bottom, and a fitted torso, in the flora print, from my own label “Shruti S” was to be styled and shot. I wore my high heels from “Steve Madden”, a dangler in my right ear, kept the makeup and hair natural, with deep-pink lips and nails. 


Crinolines are meant for women who want to and are confident about flaunting their curves. It's just about the apt cut and fit. 


The look was casual and perfect and I was all set to give my shots at that particular spot where I was supposed to stand and pose. But no. Sandeep wasn’t sure of the lighting and he made me walk in heels, or I should say made me travel through the woods to look for the perfect spot. I was so afraid, coz I could stumble any moment. But he is so stubborn when it comes to choosing the location and spot, so we continued to walk. “Shruti, attempt 2. I think the light is good here, give me some good shots now”. I kept on posing on the rhythm of the camera clicks. Further, Sandeep made me go deeper and deeper into the woods to get more shots. Attempt 3 and attempt 4 at other two spots, which seemed almost same to me. But I did manage to give convincing shots. All content, we finally made our way back to our cottages where we stayed.








Floral Crinoline dress : Shruti S
Nude Wedged heels : Steve Madden


Photographer: Sandeep Sahdev
Editor: Sumidha Sharma

1 comment:

23Closet said...

Shop the latest trends and styles from the best Online shopping sites in Kuwait. Find clothing, shoes, accessories, beauty and more from top brands and stores. Shop the best selection and get fast shipping and free returns.