Saturday 23 May 2015

The CERULEAN......



Hey everyone. Every week comes with a challenge to draft something new and portray it in a way like never before. It felt really amazing to have calls from so many of you asking me to post the new article soon. I know I am a little late this time in posting my story, but my work had kept me so occupied. Next month my label will complete 3 years and thats when i plan to launch my new Indian couture collection. 


Summer is on its peak with temperatures rising up to 43 degrees in the last week. I hate it, when I have to run here and there working in this scorching heat.


By “ THE CERULEAN”, i not only mean the prominent hues of the sky in the dress, but also the way we shot it. The Peplum dress, that i am wearing in this blog, from my label “SHRUTI S”, is made out of polyester crochet. The azure color effect in this crochet peek-a-boo fabric took all my attention. Giving it a prominent cerulean base i created this cocktail peplum dress and paired it up with a cotton, blue and fuschia, dip-dyed jacket.


To complete the look, I paired up my dress with these ever classic eye-wear from “CARTIER”, high-heeled nude strapped wedges from “Steve Madden” and cyan flower studs from “ACCESSORIZE” 

Waves in my copper highlighted hair, blue nails, pink lips and bluish smoky eyes, dazzled the look.


To shoot this ensemble we went to “ZODIAC” in chandigarh, which is a revolving restaurant at the attic of “TURQUOISE” hotel. As my dress is named CERULEAN i was very particular that the shots should be in the sky. I am definitely not flying in the pictures (LOL!!), but the way Sandeep shot them, i certainly do not feel down to the earth any more.. 


















Cerulean Crochet Peplum Dress : Shruti S
Dip-dye Shirt: Shruti S
Nude Wedged heels : Steve Madden
Eye-wear : Cartier
Cyan Flower Studs: Accessorize


Photographer: Sandeep Sahdev
Editor: Sumidha Sharma

No comments: