Thursday 14 May 2015

I am the NEWS Baby!!!


My Namaste to all.. I couldnt wait more to unveil this shoot and narrate how it all happened!

Well the title doesnt mean that I have a news to share, but it's about this newspaper print on the cotton-jute woven shirt that I am wearing in this story. haha :D


Newspapers are an integral part of our everyday lives. No matter how much habitual we become to reading e-news, we still can't imagine our lives without newspapers. They are required for anything and everything you can think of. I still remember a dress I made out of newspaper as an assignment in college. And how we used to learn pattern making on newspapers when we could not afford to buy any more pattern papers because our pocket money was less.

The other day, when I was out, sourcing for my new collection, my eyes laid on this roll of fabric stacked amongst many rolls, which looked like newspaper. I was mesmerised to see how this blend of cotton and jute looked so unique in this print. Right away I knew what I was going to make out of it. 

And then this long shirt with an interesting design at the back was crafted. So I went all decked up wearing this long newspaper shirt from my label SHRUTI S, paired it up with a vintage black mini skirt, a black leather bag from ZARA, a black boonie hat by ALDO, metallic strapped velvet platforms from ZARA and a contemporary ring from MANGO.

Sandeep is very particular when it comes to the background of the pictures. He always has a perfect location in mind, which compliments every dress we decide to shoot. On the way to our location, we got stuck in a traffic jam which didn't seem to clear any sooner. Luckily we found a building which was half-constructed and Sandeep had all the frames for the pictures set in his mind already. Get down from the car Shruti. This is where we are going to shoot this fabulous dress, he said. As a loyal partner in crime, I obeyed him and we started the shoot. 

But in no time, the entire stuck traffic started ogling at us, which included, students in the buses, rikshaw walas, people driving their own cars and even the labour working there. Urghh!!! No matter how much I hated Sandeep at that moment for making me pose in the public, I can never doubt his photography skills and the output that our team effort delivers. 

Yet again, we got these superb pictures. Sometimes getting stuck in a traffic jam can be fun! LOL!!






















Newspaper Shirt : Shruti S
Black mini skirt : vintage
Black boonie Hat: Aldo
Contemporary cocktail Ring : Mango
Metallic Strap velvet Platform heels : Zara
Leather Bag : Zara


Photographer: Sandeep Sahdev
Editor: Sumidha Sharma

No comments: