Sunday 29 March 2015

Tie-Dye to Die For...



On a stroll to Leisure Valley with a couple of friends, I wore one of my Maxy gowns in tie-dye from my very own label “Shruti S”. As the scorching summer heat will increase, so will the dullness in the ambience. The summers in Northern India are way too extreme. It’s totally apt to wear whites in comfortable and breathable fabrics.


But for me, pure whites are boring. Thus, when I design, I always lift up the white by adding colors. Like in this dress, I broke the monotony in white with lots of tie-dye. The colors – blue, black, brown and beige complement each other amazingly and also stand out remarkably on this white flared dress.


To add to my Tie-dye dress, I chose a bohemian fringed bag from Aldo in off white color. Trust me; I just loved it as it’s easy to carry and trendy at the same time. 


I have a fetish for high heels that it is so hard to resist myself from the varied range of footwear in high heels available out there. I chose to wear my ALDO boots with this tie-dye dress and bohemian fringed bag. The wedge boots make me walk confidently as ever and also keep my casual look intact.


When it comes to jewellery, I always keep it simple. My mantra to look chic is “Never go overboard with jewellery. It’s classic when it is minimal”. I picked up a vintage necklace in black and blue to give it a within-the-dress kind of look. 




As much as I loved admiring the beauty of Leisure Valley and had fun posing and getting myself clicked, the best part was when we hampered the lovey-dovey moments of the couples who were out there romancing behind the bushes. LOL!!


Tie-dye maxy Dress: Shruti S
Brown sued boots : Aldo
White Fringed Bag : Aldo



Photographer: Sandeep Sahdev
Editor: Sumidha Sharma




No comments: